Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reading is Fun!

Some people think reading is boring but i personally think that reading is fun. Here are some tips on developing the love of reading.

  1. 1. Identify what kind of reading you want to enjoy. 
2. Realize that there are countless types of reading materials.
3. Note that, after you know what kind of reading appeals to you, you should try a variety of books and series in that category
4. You will have trial and error but in the end, you'll slowly develop an interest in reading.
5. Go to your local library, borrow some books.
6. Create a good reading environment.
7. Try listening to some music. For some people, this make reading more pleasurable. 

Some of my favourite book: 

The Last Song 

Seventeen-year-old Veronica "Ronnie"Miller's life was turned upside down when her parents divorced and her father moved to Wrights-ville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remain alienated from her parents, particularly her father...
until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she and her brother spent the summer with him. Resentful and rebellious, Ronnie rejects her father's attempts to reach out to her and threatens to return to New York before the summer's end. But soon Ronnie meets Will, the last person she thougth she'd ever be attracted to, and finds herself falling for him, opening herself up to the greatest happiness - and - pain - that she has ever known. 

My mother bought this book on November 12, 2009. Wondering why I can remember the date? It's actually the day that my UPSR result was announced. I read it when I was on vacation with my family in Australia. Its an amazing book. When I'm reading Sparks' novels, I realize that the beginnings are always very slow, the rest is very good and then finally you always get an amazing ending. That's one of the reason I love his works.



No comments:

Post a Comment